OT: 318 LA style engine circa: 1973

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 21:06:47 EDT

When it rains it pours.

So I already have a 318 Magnum I'm working with right? HA! I just saw an ad for a
free 318 LA. Yep, i said " FREE ". Its in a wooden crate and the owner says it was
for a project he wanted to do many, many years ago but never could do it. Its a
short-block and the year on the block casting is 1973. Block Casting No. is
2536030-318

So my question to the list is:

If I pick up the 318 LA and planned to rebuild it for re-sale, what should I do to it
to make it more "sellable"?

   a. bore it .030 over and get a stroker crank?

   b. < your choice goes here >

-dan

Dan K.

1992 Dakota Club Cab LE with A/C, Cruise, PS, PB, PW, PL, 3.55 rear, 5.2L V8 and a 46RH. Mods: Cool-air intake, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT.

http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg

Future Plans: 5.9L engine swap, cat-back exhaust, 3.91 rear