RE: stupid Engine Stand question

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 20:57:15 EDT

Biff, Tom and Ray:

Thanks for the info. Its on the stand. I used about 80 ft/lbs on the 1/2-13 hardware
thats on the stand head. And about 40 ft/lbs on the 3/8-16 hardware that goes into the
rear face of engine. I "gingerly" used a regular 3/8-16 tap that has a flat-bottom ( no
pointed end just a blunt end ). The tap worked well by using some WD-40 and not trying
to force it when I felt resistance. At the point of resistance I would back it out,
clean it up, and gingerly guide the tap back in. I had do this process about 6 to 10
times before the hole was in good shape. ;-)

All is well. I am now tearing it down now. I will have to get the block cleaned,
magnafluxed, align honed and then decked. I am debating on wether or not to get it
bored .030 over or not.

-dan

Dan K.

1992 Dakota Club Cab LE with A/C, Cruise, PS, PB, PW, PL, 3.55 rear, 5.2L V8 and a 46RH. Mods: Cool-air intake, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT.

http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg

Future Plans: 5.9L engine swap, cat-back exhaust, 3.91 rear