Fan clutch

From: al klabunde (phoneman94@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 10:03:43 EDT

Hey guys Am in the middle of changing my 3rd
aftermarket fan clutch on 98 dak 5.2 Aft is $50 and
stealer is $263+tax Heard they are having problems
with both and life expectancy is normally only 3 yrs
Has anyone heard of a kit to eliminate the clutch and
use a lite-weight fan Just got truck back from indy
for air- cond cycling problem I had changed low
pressure switch Turns out compresser was shot Couldn't
stand the 98degree heat so forked out the $700 and
today the temp is 70 Kinda Murphy's law?? Thank's for
the input-