P0420

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 21:59:26 EDT

I was camping not too long ago and on the way to the campsite I got a check
engine light. I pulled the code and looked it up, it's a catalytic converter
code. At 96k on the original one it's probably about due anyway. I was
about 3 hours away from home and didn't really have a choice so I rode it out
since it wasn't anything related to driveability. On the way home the light
turned off.

I thought all emissions codes would illuminate the light as long as they were
in memory? I thought emissions codes didn't clear themselves after a
specific number of key cycles, what happened? Should I replace the cat or
just leave it alone and wait for the light to come back?

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.