Update on the Neon and other stuff.

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 16:48:01 EDT

Well i've finally had a chance to dig into the neon and I determined I
can repair it on my own. The damage was not as severe as I had feared,
once I got the hood open.

http://members.aol.com/ntwatchman/neonwreck/

I've already removed the bumper cover, the radiator, hood, and the crush
beam, which is what saved the car and ironically caused the most damage.
The crush beam did exactly what it was supposed to do - absorb the
impact, but it pushed back into the radiator pushing it up into the
engine. The cooling fans are fine luckily.

100 bucks for a radiator through work, I'll dig up a hood and a bumper
cover from a junk yard somewhere, throw it all together, and my beater
car is back up and running.

Yay !

I've also hauled my 75 Honda CL360 into a shop to get it worked on.
They are rebuilding the carbs, cleaning, lubing, and putting on new
tires. I'll really be able to save on gas money with that!

Also... I'm down to a half a bag of Ketchup chips...from the two I
started with. I've been rationing them hehehe... my MOTHER is addicted
to them now and I have to lock them up! We really need to get the
underground snack railroad exchange program up and running.

I should have my photos of the Colorado trip up some time in the near
future...

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine