RE: Was :Update on the Neon Now: OT Bikes

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 00:08:30 EDT

On Monday 07 August 2006 09:48 pm, Rick Barnes wrote:
> Well, I understand what you mean about helmet laws, but if you dig a
> little, you will find that people in car accidents have more head injuries
> than bikers, of course there are more of them and all that, but still, if
> its head injuries we want to prevent...see what I mean?

Yes, car drivers should likely have 5 point harnesses, helmets, and
head/neck
restraints. They'd be a lot safer that way. Good luck with that crusade,
though.

I dig, but have no interest in any crusades, just don't want to hear about
all the biker head injuries when they occur everywhere in real life, not
just on bikers.

> I am pro choice over age 21, but then I also feel that way about seat
> belts...(Dak related).

I'm pro-choice as well, except that your choice affects more than just you.
Keep in mind that it may affect your friends, family, neighbors, and even
people you don't know.

It may well affect them, its still choice, like smoking, hunting, or
whatever. We cannot go through life without risk.
> It's the Libertarian in me I guess. Just ride
> safe, keep your eyes and wits about you.

It's not the rider I worry about. It's the idiot behind the rider in the H2
talking on a cel phone and eating a burrito while driving that worries me.

I worry about the rider.

Rascal