Re: Was :Update on the Neon Now: OT Bikes

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 23:30:57 EDT

On Monday 07 August 2006 09:48 pm, Rick Barnes wrote:
> Well, I understand what you mean about helmet laws, but if you dig a
> little, you will find that people in car accidents have more head injuries
> than bikers, of course there are more of them and all that, but still, if
> its head injuries we want to prevent...see what I mean?

Yes, car drivers should likely have 5 point harnesses, helmets, and head/neck
restraints. They'd be a lot safer that way. Good luck with that crusade,
though.

> I am pro choice over age 21, but then I also feel that way about seat
> belts...(Dak related).

I'm pro-choice as well, except that your choice affects more than just you.
Keep in mind that it may affect your friends, family, neighbors, and even
people you don't know.

> It's the Libertarian in me I guess. Just ride
> safe, keep your eyes and wits about you.

It's not the rider I worry about. It's the idiot behind the rider in the H2
talking on a cel phone and eating a burrito while driving that worries me.