RE: Long over due HVAC

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 00:31:47 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:55 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Long over due HVAC

Well, I FINALLY got around to working on my HVAC. For the last seven years
(give or take) my vents haven't worked right intermittatly. It didnt'
bother me
until the blower stopped working. Last November ;)

So I've finally got at it. Had to replace the vacuum feed from the motor
since
the original one was collapsed. Also had to replace the blower motor and
its
resistor.

While I was in there, I had some condensation using defrost so I checked the
defrost AC switch and the little metal piece needed some bending to make
better
contact.

That makes FOUR things corrected and my HVAC is now as good as it was in 92.
If
I could just figure out how to realign the glove compartment door I'd be all
set.

Kick it...

Rascal

MikeMeyerhoff