Re: RE: Help needed to find vibration - FIXED!

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 15:40:25 EDT

Finally got the truck to the alignment shop in my bid to eliminate items
one by one. Called them just now and the vibration problem was that when
the rotors were last off (at the dealer) a chunk of rust was left lodged
between the rotor and the bearing hub. As you could probably guess this
doesn't really help the alignment. That's cleaned up and the brakes are
next (Hawk HPS pads are a little backordered). Of course if the brake
pads had come in on time, I would have found this myself.

This after I ran the truck 1200km last week while on vacation, hating
almost every minute in it.

Rob