Re: 4x4 Dakota Suggestions

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 18:45:04 EDT

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:22:56 -0400, Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net>
wrote:

> Kyle Kozubal wrote:
>> Brand new rotors and brake pads installed by the dealer last week. I
>> wonder why this was done though since the truck only has 12,000 miles
>> on it?
>
> It's a Dodge... hate to say it, but the factory brake pads and rotors
> are made out of old cheese. That's about what I'd expect from the
> factory stuff, especially with an automatic.

I just had my front pads replaced and rotors cut. 52,000 miles with a
manual. Mechcanic said the rears still had some meat left. He put napa
pads on though. I think they are squeeking already which blows ass. I'll
have to make sure it's not the rears though. I might ask for oem pads when
i do the rears.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure