Re: OT Caravan Exhaust Q

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 18:17:28 EDT

On Fri, August 11, 2006 8:36 am, Bob Tom wrote:

> There are a couple products that I've accumulated over the years
> for my "racing inventory" ;-) One is called Liquid Metal but, while quite
> good,
> I think that "ThermoSeal" might be a better product. The other is called
> Quick Weld Compound by Dynatex and is probably closest to "ThernoSeal".
> It's a cold bonding compound which requires mixing resin and hardener.
> There's a one hour (at room temp.) working time, sets in 4-6 hours and
> cures in 24. It supposed to work quite well on intake manifolds,
> transmission
> cases and engine blocks. Will see how it likes mufflers :-)

No JB Weld???? It works awesome on stuff like that.

I overhauled the motor on my go-kart (I was 15 at the time) and the block
slipped off of the bench and one of the magneto mounting posts broke off. I
used JB Weld to glue it back on and it held fine for 6 years of abuse by me
and 3 friends. I bet if you fill the crevice with a bead of it, it'll seal
it up tight in under 5 minutes. That shouldn't be too bad on your aching
back. =P

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.