RE: Question (nunmber 4) regarding AC

From: al klabunde (phoneman94@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 23:30:17 EDT

--- Hop * <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Check to make sure you have freon in it. I had a
> leak in my Evaporator and
> it went from working to not working over night. My
> guess is your compressor
> won't engage due to the low pressure switch. If it
> has Freon then check to
> make sure your getting power to the compressor
> clutch.
> I've heard of guys jumping the low pressure switch
> to see if the compressor
> would run but, I've never tried it.
> --Hop
> '97 CC 318 4x4
> Hey Cris & Hop The low pressure switch is on the
passanger side firewall It has a simple 2 wire
connection which can be jumped with a paper clip bent
in a u shape. If the compresser kicks in you are
eather low on refridgerant or have a bad switch. If
the clutch doesn't kick in you could be looking at bad
clutch windings and replacing the compresser $500 to
$700 dollars in southern Wisconsin area by indy LOL
 Al