Re: New member....and of course some questions

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 22:37:49 EDT

ctandc wrote:
> Just to drop in and say hi..I'm sifting thru the archives now. I've been in
> several mailing lists for vehicles, and they have always been helpful.
>
> Just bought a 2001 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab 3.9 5 speed with 38k original
> miles. Like it a lot so far...it fits the bill. I wanted something bigger
> than my S10, but I didn't want another full size just yet, as I've owned
> several fullsize GM Trucks.
>
> Untouched from the dealer the truck knocked down 18.5mpg mixed highway /
> city driving.
>
> Just added Autolite 3923's and changed the oil to Mobil 1 synthetic 5w30.
> I'll see if that helps the gas mileage at all.
>
> Truck runs great... however I got a check engine light today, displayed the
> codes and got a P0601...corresponding to a problem with the PCM.
>
> From everything I've read on this, the PCM is normally replaced. I'm hoping
> Dodge will do it free since it's technically warrantied for 8/80k under the
> whole EPA emissions deal.
>
> Funny since the truck runs great lol...
>
> I'm hoping to add some 31" tires and some 15x8 rims shortly.
>
> That and maybe some 'real' oil pressure and water temp gauges that actually
> show temps / pressure with 'numbers'... lol
>
> Anyway...thanks for any help and I look forward to being a member

Welcome to the DML! You have a 4x4! You are WORTHY!! hehe Where are
ya located? Anywhere near the north east? Dunno if you saw but The
Godfather is asking if anyone is interested in a little fall shin-dig at
  DML H.Q. this Daktober. I mean October. The Pit always welcomes new
victims, I mean members!

What color is the truck? Got pics? Interested in mods already are ya?
hehe... you've come to the right place. We'll help ya spend yer money!

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine