Re: 94 Dak - Click but no start - Help!

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 16:13:04 EDT

Pull the steering shaft!? I didn't even think of that when I was
installing my starter. And I even had it unbolted! Hmm maybe it would
have made that easier.. oh well. Actually you know what helped me - I
had those plastic fender gap guards out at the time (between the frame
and body) so I could stick my head (and hands) beneath the fender and
get at the starter from the side. Cut the current plastic retainers
off those guards and buy some new ones for $5 in the "Help!" racks at
Autozone. Takes 5 mins to snap them back on after you're done.

I installed/removed that stupid axle bracket 3 times before I realized
the mounting bracket on top of the differential is different between
the 94 and 89 models. Anyway, each time I removed that bracket, the
starter had to come out first. I did it with my eyes closed the last
time. Smashed a few fingers... but undercarriage dirt stings the eyes
:)

Don in CT
'89 Dakota Covnertible 318mag NV3500 4x4
'74 Dart Sport 340
www.pbase.com/radon220/mopars