Re: BS or not?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 20:16:32 EDT

Hey, Jase...

<snip> It's electrostatic corrosion control. From what I can tell, the idea
is to
 put a small electric charge on the metal parts of a vehicle to keep them
from
 rusting. And then when you try to climb out on a dry day, I'd imagine it
 probably gives you quite a nice spark<snip>

When I bought the DAKSY in Dec. 99, the salesman talked me into this device.
A good buddy of mine - who's a serious wrench/motorhead - said he'd read up
on it & that it was a great tool for rust inhibition. When the DAKSY got
"keyed" in Dec. 00, the body shop guys pooh-poohed the whole thing. They run
a reputable body repair shop & had actually procured one & left a relatively
new toal wreck outside of their shop over a NY Winter & inspected it in the
following Spring. the wreck had plenty of rust where the paint had been
blasted off the body from the impact. While it wasn't a
scientific/controlled environmental test, it convinced them that it wasn't
worth it.

<snip> Sounds to me like it belongs in a garbage pile along with fuel
magnets and
intake vortices, but like I said before, maybe someone knows better.<snip>

Take a look at the rust on the DAKSY after 7 NY Winters of salt & you'll see
that I got sold a bill of goods...*sigh*
It's GARBAGE, all right!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +