Re: BS or not?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 12:15:57 EDT

On Fri, August 25, 2006 11:34 am, Michael Maskalans said:

> Linky no worky.
>
> session-based link.... so definitely BS :-)

Grrr... okay, slightly less lazy, I actually Googled the product name
"Counteract Electronic Rust Protection" and came up with their own web site:
http://www.counteractrust.com Warning: their site reads like an infomercial.

It's electrostatic corrosion control. From what I can tell, the idea is to
put a small electric charge on the metal parts of a vehicle to keep them from
rusting. And then when you try to climb out on a dry day, I'd imagine it
probably gives you quite a nice spark. I can just see someone putting one of
these on a vehicle equipped with an anti-static grounding strap and canceling
the whole system out.

Sounds to me like it belongs in a garbage pile along with fuel magnets and
intake vortices, but like I said before, maybe someone knows better.