Re: Daktoberfest?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 22:48:20 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Well, crud. So much for this being easy. :-) Looks like the
> best week for the Henrys is the worst week for Mike. From what I
> can gather so far, as far as the long distance "usual suspects" go, it
> looks like Tom is a possibility, maybe David and Jan too. Walt
> and Ingrid are out, as is Josh. I don't imagine Adam is going to
> drive all that distance for a Daktoberfest. :-) As far as the more
> local folks are concerned, technically I've only heard from Jim and
> Mike, but I assume Jason and Norah are basically a given :-) along
> with Ed probably. Haven't heard from Andy yet.

You can count me in, assuming I can get the time off work... and have
something to drive out there with. heh

> Once we pick a date, I can let the Jeepers know also (Dean Ocque,
> Bob Fetter) in case they are interested since there was no BBQ
> this year.

Awesome! good idea.

> As far as the date goes, it doesn't really make a lot of
> difference to me. I was originally thinking of having it in
> early October for some warmer weather and less chance of rain,
> but looking at the historical weather data, it looks like
> the chance of rain is actually much less at the *end* of October.
> (The temps are definitely lower though, with average highs in
> the high 50s and low 60s instead of high 60s.) I suppose a
> later date would also have a better chance of them there purdy
> fall colors.
>
> What about the length - should we do friday and saturday or
> saturday only?

I vote for a friday and saturday... but it depends on if I can get the
time off. Odds are I'll have to drive out on friday - leaving it a
satyrday trip for me. We'll see.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine