Re: Daktoberfest?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 13:12:33 EDT

  Well, crud. So much for this being easy. :-) Looks like the
best week for the Henrys is the worst week for Mike. From what I
can gather so far, as far as the long distance "usual suspects" go, it
looks like Tom is a possibility, maybe David and Jan too. Walt
and Ingrid are out, as is Josh. I don't imagine Adam is going to
drive all that distance for a Daktoberfest. :-) As far as the more
local folks are concerned, technically I've only heard from Jim and
Mike, but I assume Jason and Norah are basically a given :-) along
with Ed probably. Haven't heard from Andy yet.

   Once we pick a date, I can let the Jeepers know also (Dean Ocque,
Bob Fetter) in case they are interested since there was no BBQ
this year.

   As far as the date goes, it doesn't really make a lot of
difference to me. I was originally thinking of having it in
early October for some warmer weather and less chance of rain,
but looking at the historical weather data, it looks like
the chance of rain is actually much less at the *end* of October.
(The temps are definitely lower though, with average highs in
the high 50s and low 60s instead of high 60s.) I suppose a
later date would also have a better chance of them there purdy
fall colors.

   What about the length - should we do friday and saturday or
saturday only?

--
                                          -Jon-