Re: '96 4X4 Front Brake Lines

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 16:32:18 EDT

--- Jamie Calder <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> I have a similar problem to Garrets but on the front
> lines of my '96 4X4.
> The rusty line burst right at the "T". I saw your
> reply Ray about having to
> bend you own lines. How about the dealer? Would
> they have them pre made?
> $$$
>
> Thanks,
> James

You can try to ask the dealer but chances are he will
either:

A) Tell you he has to order it (laughing all the way
to the bank)

B) Tell you he can only get it if its in his service
bay (where he has his tech bend the line for you,
again laughing even harder all the way to the bank)

C) Be honest and tell you he can only get straight
line.

D) Both A and B above.

If its hard line, its easy to bend it yourself. If its
a rubber hose assembly, any auto parts store should
have it or can get it for you. Do the job yourself and
save some major $$$.

Ray

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.