Re: What Hits/What Fits; 4x4 Tire Size

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 02:30:02 EDT

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, David Gersic wrote:

> On Friday 25 August 2006 10:51 pm, ctandc wrote:
> > 31 10.50's will fit no problem.
>
> Can you put those on the stock rims, or do you need aftermarket wheels?

they're fine on the stock rims. IIRC 31x10.5 was an optional stock
size before the "tire and handling package" got you the 16" rims...

> I still have the Isuzu here, parked out back. If I remember right, it has 31
> 10.50s on it, but I'd have to check to be sure. The tires have about 2K miles
> on them, but the truck has frame damage. I haven't gotten around to doing
> anything with it yet, but having $500 in almost new tires just sitting there
> is bugging me.

I'd definitely run 'em if it hasn't been sitting long enough that they're
getting rotten and checked...

I think that I ran the biggest tires of anyone here on a stock truck back
in the day, measured to roughly 32x10.5, I think their size is 265/70r17
Yokohama Geolandar AT+IIs. I loved those tires, ran them in a 30"
dimensional size on my stock 15x7s, and then the 32" P-metrics on 17x8.5
American Racing rims. That set of tires and rims is still out in the
shed wanting to get sold. Still 75%+...

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |