Re: Tie Rod Replacement story (long)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 01:36:02 EDT

Chris Reck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For those of you who have been keeping tract, here is the shortly-awaited
> saga of the Tie Rod Replacement...

Hey Chris! I saw the pics you sent and i didnt have a chance to get
back with ya. I was not aware that the Gen III's went to that style
inner tierod. They basically took the inner tierod from a rack and
pinion style set up and designed it to work with a recirculating ball
set up, on the center link. Bogus. Twice as difficult as the set up on
christine. All the more reason I like older stuff.

> * PLAYING ZELDA AT 4 AM IS A LIFESAVER!

hehehe been there before :)

> Thanks again to eveyone that offered advice (Terrible Tom, Barry)!

Any time - sorry I couldn't be more help to ya.

I don't remember... were you considering coming out to Daktoberfest?

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine