Re: Utility Trailers

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 16:43:13 EDT

--- jon@dakota-truck.net wrote: (in part)
> Heck, as long as we are sort've off topic -
> something I don't
> understand about those trucks is that they are
> called a deuce and
> a half, because their payload is 2.5 tons
> (5,000lbs).

Just a guess on my part, even though the "rated"
payload is 2.5 tons, if you look at the drive line,
the rear axles are both dually (hence: deuce) and the
front axle is a single (hence: half)

I'm probably wrong, but it seems a logical guess......

Oh, wait....

I forgot we're talking about the US Army.

Ray

(Retired US Air Force)

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.