Re: Utility Trailers

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2006 - 16:50:49 EDT

--- jon@dakota-truck.net wrote: (in part)
> Heck, as long as we are sort've off topic -
> something I don't
> understand about those trucks is that they are
> called a deuce and
> a half, because their payload is 2.5 tons
> (5,000lbs).

More info I found, still no real explanation but a
clarification:

This model is an M35A2 2-1/2 ton cargo truck which
could carry 5000 pounds cross country or 10,000 over
roads.

Its also possible the empty weight of the truck is 5K
pounds.

Ray

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.