Re: (poke)

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 17:03:08 EDT

Dunno where you're going with that, but if you're trying to say black
doesn't need as much polishing, i'ld say a few things....

I don't care what finish you have: paint, powdercoat, chrome, or even
bare metal, you still need to keep it clean to look good. Even if it's
sitting in a garage, it's still gonna get dusty. So how does black need
less maintnence?? Wouldn't you still need to wash & wax it from time to
time to keep it looking good??'

I used to think the same way you do about chrome, but it really requires
no more maintenance than powdercoat or paint. Just like paint or
powdercoat, you need to keep it clean and give it a good waxing to
protect it (yes, you DO need to wax chrome). I just choose chrome
because I like the looks of it.

The bike looks cool though.

Gary Hedlin
98 Dakota RC Sport 3.9