Re: Time for a new Exhaust pipe, and some other mods..

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 21:10:18 EDT

On Sunday 17 September 2006 05:27 pm, Barry Oliver wrote:
> Ok, I have been putting off the inevitable for long enough, I need a new
> Exhaust.

I made that mistake with my last truck. Drove it around forever with the
crapped out exhaust on it. Finally sprung for a decent, stainless, custom
install that corrected the stupid factory routing. And had it for all of six
months before the truck died. Never again will I wait thinking I'll just do
it later.

> My first thought is since it is such a rusted mess, I need to replace
> the whole 9 yards

Getting the "sound" you're looking for could be a challenge, but if you're
planning to keep the truck, go with stainless all the way back.

Get in touch with that local shop. See what they can do for a schedule, and if
they're maybe willing to work with you on swapping mufflers (and cats?) as
needed to get the sound you want. Have them do the rest of the system while
you're at it, and call it done.