Re: Photos

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 17:58:59 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

: On Tue, September 19, 2006 11:12 am, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
:>
:> Speaking of which, since I was silly enough to volunteer to put
:> together a meet report of sorts, :-) if anyone has any pictures or
:> video of the meet, I'd really like to get my hands on it! :-)

: Glad you brought it up. I'll burn a DVD with our pics and what my parents
: took, and bring it down on Saturday. My dad's camera creates some huge
: unweildy resolution, so I have about 2 gigs of pictures from him. You can
: pick and choose what might be interesting. You do have a DVD-ROM that'll read
: DVD+Rs, right? (Neither of our laptops like the +Rs, so I'm trying to get rid
: of the spindle I bought :-)

   Cool; sounds good! Yep, my DVD writer is supposed to be able to
handle the +R as well as the -R stuff.

: I'll bring our film pics as well, and if there's anything there worth scanning
: we can scan them in.

  Ah yes, ye olde film! :-) Sounds like a plan.

: Were there any plans to make up a DVD with everyone's pictures on it? I told
: my mom we would probably do something like that, and she would like one.

   Yep, that was what I was hoping to do, be able to distribute
everything in a physical form. A data CD/DVD with the photos on it
would make sense, I am also looking into the possibility of
having the photos also be viewable on a TV screen, accessed via
a DVD menu or something. We'll just have to see what I've got
to work with when all is said and done, but yes at the very least
a DVD with everybodys pictures on it is definitely doable.

--
                                          -Jon-