Re: Question for Jon

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 04:31:15 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Looks good, Gary! I couldn't help but notice though that the fan
> already has a shroud built-in. As far as a finished look goes, seeing
> that you don't need a shroud (and adding another wouldn't actually do
> anything functionality-wise), if it were possible to move the fan up
> a bit to make it level with the top of the radiator, that would probably
> finish it off nicely. From what I can see in the photos anyway, its
> probably just that bit of radiator peeking through at the top which is
> giving it the unfinished look. If its possible to move the fan up,
> that gap will be down at the bottom where it probably isn't visible,
> and as a bonus, the fan would pick up that top section of the radiator
> where the hottest water is and thus probably drop your temps a bit
> too.)
>
> I hope that doesn't sound like I'm being critical :-) just
> was something that came to mind and thought I'd pass it on for
> you to do with as you wish.

Honestly, that was my thinking.... that the exposed part of the radiator
  was giving that unfinished look. I could cut some more from the fan
assembly to move it up, but I have concerns I would be cutting away at
whatever structual integrity the assembly has. When you take all the
lines and stuff i had to cut arround to get it to fit where it sits now,
I probably don't have enough plastic to reposition it!

Plus the brackets do a good job of hiding my swiss cheese holes from
repositioning them. :)

I'ld rather take a stab at a $5 junk yard shroud than take another stab
at a $150 fan..... if that makes any sense! :)

..always appreciate the input! :)

Gary Hedlin
98 Dakota RC Sport 3.9
05 Dakota CC SLT 4.7