Re: Question for Jon

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 09:35:40 EDT

Gary Hedlin <superdak@gmail.com> wrote:
: Honestly, that was my thinking.... that the exposed part of the radiator
: was giving that unfinished look. I could cut some more from the fan
: assembly to move it up, but I have concerns I would be cutting away at
: whatever structual integrity the assembly has. When you take all the
: lines and stuff i had to cut arround to get it to fit where it sits now,
: I probably don't have enough plastic to reposition it!

: Plus the brackets do a good job of hiding my swiss cheese holes from
: repositioning them. :)

: I'ld rather take a stab at a $5 junk yard shroud than take another stab
: at a $150 fan..... if that makes any sense! :)

  Yeah, I thought that might be the case. Its always hard to
tell from pictures exactly what had to be done to install
something, and modifications are never as easy as they first
appear. I figured there were probably brackets or something
that would prevent just sliding it up a bit. Well, you might
be able to cover that gap with a piece of black plastic which
would match the fan, or bend up a piece of sheet metal to fit
there. If you used metal, you could even chrome it. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-