Re: Pros/Cons: 17" Wheel/Tire

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 08:45:32 EDT

"Kyle Kozubal" <lpd111@msn.com> wrote:

: What are the pros and cons of going with a 17" wheel/tire combo?

: I was looking at the American Racing Crush series in the 17X8 size.

   Although I don't have 17" rims myself, I can give you some
general pros/cons... The benefits of a 17" rim are the ability to
run a shorter sidewall which can help handling, and also they can
help to fill up the wheelwell a bit more. The main drawback would
be that your tire options are probably going to be slightly more
limited and a bit more expensive than for a 15" rim.

--
                                          -Jon-