Re: Pros/Cons: 17" Wheel/Tire

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2006 - 20:27:44 EDT

Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> I just cancelled my order (back-order) for the 16X8 Pro Comp Series 8089
> rims .
>
> I re-ordered some Pro Comp 8089 rims in the 17X8 size.
>
> The 17X8 are instock and it was literally unknown when the 16X8s would
> arrive.
>
> So basically, the 17" rims will just give me 1" less of sidewall right?
> And fill the fenders up a tad more..........

WHen comparing tires of the same size, yes. For exampl: running a 31
inch tire on a 17 inch rim, and a 31 inch tire on a 16 inch rim. There
will be that 1 inch difference. Filling up the fenders? No, that
hinges on your tire size. The fenders would be no more "full" in that
matter. Vistually, yes it may look that way I suppose, since the rim
will stand out more (brighter, shiney etc).

Follow?

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine