RE: Tire Size On Stock Suspension

From: tkoth (tkoth@cox.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2006 - 12:50:06 EDT

    Hello all! I have been mostly lurking for the last 4 or 5 years, but
have been a member since '99. I love this forum for the info and everyone
is great!

    In any case, there have been a couple threads lately about what fits on
a stock 4X4. I have a 2000 CC 4X4 with the 4.7 and NV-3500. It is mostly
stock except for 4.10 gears front and back with an Auburn Pro limited slip
in the rear. I have been using 32x11.50x15's ever since I wore out the
original factory 31X10.50's. The only rubbing I get anywhere is when I turn
while backing up I will get a slight kiss on the plastic mud flap in front.
I could grind it away but haven't bothered. My latest set of tires are the
Goodyear MT/R's in 32X11.50-15. They are incredible offroad. But not too
smooth on pavement. Not sure I will get these again when they have to be
replaced.

    Anyway, I've never cranked the torsion bars or anything. The truck has a
little over 70,000 miles on it. ALOT of them have been offroad out here in
Arizona. I just wanted to tell people that the 32X11.50's are fine. At least
on a Gen-3.

Tim Koth