Winter tires

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 13:34:59 EDT

While we're talking about tires....

With winter approaching and my BFG T/As getting pretty close to
bald... what are the DML's feelings/experiences on winter tires on a
pickup? I've got 31x10.5 BFG T/As on there now, and I'd like to retain
that size in winter tires (there are a few available... I'm looking at
some Bridgestones right now).

I have an extra set of rims with no tires on them... I'm not sure if I
want to leave them available for some mudders (which I may or may not
spend the money for) or put winter tires on them.

Most of my miles are highway, with some rocks, some mild mud, some
beach, and New England snow/ice for a few months.

What it comes down to: should I get winter tires or just replace my BFG T/As?

Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 318mag NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340
pbase.com/radon220/mopars