Tires & Rims Are ON!

From: Kyle Kozubal (lpd111@msn.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 18:08:22 EDT

Well I knew I wanted to, and had to get some tires today.

I spent 4+ hours on the phone, calling tire shops in two states and 4
counties. I also spent about 30 minutes cranking up the tbars a tad, to more
level out the truck. The front of the truck now sits 1" lower than the
rear.........which is alot better than the front sitting 3" lower than the
rear (stock settings)!

For those that did not know, I already bought 4 of the Pro Comp Series 8089
wheels in the 17X8 size, with 4.5" of backspacing. SWEET rims! Brushed
chrome lugs nuts and center caps.

I was contemplating stepping up to the 275/70R17 size, but NO ONE carried
this size, and they were a ton more than what I really wanted to spend.

I ended up with the Yokohama Geolander A/T+II, in the 265/70R17 size. I have
them place the balance weights on the inside of the rims and had the white
lettering turned in, so all you see is ALL BLACK!

This sized tire is 31.9" x 10.8". They also came with a 30 day, no questions
asked, return policy. I also paid $20 (for all 4 tires) and had them siped,
for additional traction.

After the tires and wheels were mounted, I was in love on how GREAT the
combo looked. I was glad I did not step up to the taller 275/70R17 sized
tire, as the 265s looks great on the truck. The 4.5" of backspacing on the
Pro Comp rims also gives the truck a very nice stance.

I am going to call around and get a front end alignment sometime this week.

Kyle
04 Dakota Quad Cab SLT
4.7L V8 4X4
Pro Comp 8089 17X8