Re: No gears after engine swap

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 15:44:22 EDT

In article <f41ff3ad0610031226j779fc58by849a5a393d5205ff@mail.gmail.com>,
radon220@gmail.com ("Don Rey") writes:

> Good job man! You're a step ahead of me (I swapped a 318 for my tired
> premag 3.9). I know what it feels like to finally get everything
> together and be soooo close. I forgot to plug in my cam position
> sensor and it took me hours to realize that's why the engine wouldn't
> fire. In the extra time searching for the problem, I found other
> little things I had neglected.
>
> I know I'm not helping you with your current problem... the only help
> I can offer is what you already know - check the converter/pump are
> engaged. I don't like auto trannies :) You get similar problems with
> forcing a manual trans on rather than letting it slide nicely though.
> DAMHIK
>
> Did you take pictures? I'd like to see how it went. I may pick your
> brain too, I had thought about swapping to a 360 in my truck before I
> settled for the 318 swap. Nice job, that's gonna be the fastest CC
> around.
>
> Don in CT
> 89 Dakota Convertible 4x4
> 74 Dart Sport 340
> pbase.com/radon220/mopars

Thanks. I can't wait to actually drive it. I picked up a tranny jack adapter
today, so I will look into dropping the tranny tonight or tomorrow after work.
I will try some other troubleshooting first, like double checking the fluid
level and dropping the pan.

For the record, this is what my engine has on it right now.

Ported stock heads
M1
Mopar 360 PCM
K&N air filter
Comp Cams 604 camshaft
Mopar 1.6 rockers
MP .525 springs
MP aluminum valve covers
MP/DT headers
MSD ignition/wires

Once it gets running and moving, I'll swap out the injectors with some FMS 24#
units I bought. I also have a Magnaflow SI/SO muffler to put on, and I will be
replacing all the remianing exhaust with 3" tubing, which is what it has right
now, it is just rotted and clogged with carbon buildup. Have a set of March UD
pulleys to go on, and an electric fan conversion planned for later in the year.
Also there is a Transgo shift kit that I have not had the time to mess with,
and I still need to finish my ES bushing install.

I used to have a ported TB on it, but I traded it for some AC help. I may go
ahead and port my stocker again, or get a 53mm one instead.

Finally there is a Powerdyne s/c sitting in my garage just waiting to go on.
Should be a fun daily driver and one hell of a sleeper. Fast trucks with bad
paint!

Kevin