Re: Plugged Oil Filters (was: empty oil filters)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 10:30:39 EDT

David Gersic wrote:
> On Saturday 07 October 2006 10:57 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>>Ok - I suspected as much and expected you would say it was cold. This
>>lends more weight to my theory.
>

> Except that liquids don't expand and contract like that. Solids do, but not
> very much in most cases.

hmm - ok - this is where I admit to knowing very little about the
properties of solids and liquids when it comes to expansion and
contraction due to temperature. LOL

However one wishes to try and explain why theres no oil in the center of
the filter, (and I'm open to suggestions) the fact remains that oil on
one side and not the other is solid proof the element is clogged.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4,
95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine