OT Neon Starter

From: Jay & Dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 20:04:37 EDT

Hi Guys

Been awhile since I've posted but I read the messasges everyday.
Does anyone know what I should expect to pay for a starter for my wife's 95
Neon SOHC 2000 from the dealer and /or Napa etc. When you start her car the
starter does not pull back all the way and grinds a little when running.
I'll start it and stop it a few more times then it runs fine with no
grinding. I'm thinking the whole starter has to be replaced as I'm not sure
if replacing the springs inside will do the trick. Any suggestions? (Tom,
your the one with all the Neon experience lately :-) :-)

TIA
-Jay

97 Dakota CC, 5 speed, 4x4
with minor DML mods