Re: Reminicing

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 00:26:46 EDT

On Aug 28, 2006, at 21:23, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Michael Maskalans wrote:
>> Part of me *really* misses when my truck still looked like this....
>> <http://home.tepidcola.com/gallery/ar17s/IMG_1098>
>
> Just a good excuse to pick up another Gen III :D
>
> I was browsing your gallery... what were the circumstances behind
> having the truck on a u-hell trailor, and with a flat tire at
> that? And what were you pulling it with? Was that the incident
> prior to the SAS?

Was pulling it from Sandusky, OH to home in MN after the transfer
case exploded on me on 80/90 there on my way home for Christmas, 2002
I think. Had to lower the air pressure to get the straps to go
around the 32" tires. Was pulling it with a UHaul 14' box Ford F-
SuperDuty with a 460 V8 - got about 6MPG. That was long before the
SAS, was caused by the double cardian joint at the rear of the front
driveshaft seizing up and ripping the front bearing carrier out of
the aluminum case, splitting it into about 4 big pieces.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |