Feeler: Another Aftermarket EMS option

From: Kevin S (kevin14@surewest.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2006 - 19:38:00 EDT

Has anybody experimented with the Civinco Emgine Management System? Is there
any interest in the system?

http://www.civinco.com/eng_funkar.html

Ever since my Dak erroniously got the "death flash," I've been trying to
find a way to get the lost power and mileage back.

MegaSquirt can't handle all of the chassis controls that are integrated into
the PCM, and does not do OBD-II.

The FAST system requires custom wiring (not easily swappable), does not do
OBD-II, and is not smog legal in CA.

I've seen the Civinco systems in action among the Volvo crowd (300+ HP from
the 2.5L 5 cyl. motor) and *may* be able to get them to work with us on the
other Dodge PCM's. Basically, the Civinco piggyback controller goes between
the factory PCM and the engine. It uses the factory sensors & injectors,
and the signals from the PCM, to tweak the ignition and injection however
you wish. It allows the use of a laptop to create custom fuel maps, and
stores the custom programs on sim cards that can be hot-swapped (i.e. 89
octane program, race gas program, towing program, etc.). The PCM is still
completely functional, it just never sees the altered fuel or ignition maps

I am pretty set on making something work to get what I want out of my Dak.
 The question is - is there enough interest to work on a prototype for the
Dodges/Daks???

Kevin

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
***Elk Grove, California***