Re: Re: Daktoberfest 2006 Summary

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 10:35:49 EST

Don Rey wrote:

> > While we're comparing miles and gas...
> >
> > Total miles: 935
> > Gas used: 54.29 gal
> > Gas Cost: $123.33
> > Avg MPG: 17.223
> >
> > I think I had the best gas mileage in the group. Anyone else close?
> > Steve was reporting 16.5mpg during the trip.

Well, I wasn't there, so:

Total miles: 0
Gas used: 0.0 gal
Gas Cost: $0.00
Avg MPG: infinite

> > I uploaded my pictures to www.pbase.com/radon220/gina_daktober06/ - I
> > left it uploading last night and can't check it as the site is blocked
> > at work... so if there's ~30 pics, they're all there. If not, check
> > back tomorrow. I was more focused on not breaking things than taking
> > pictures :) so they're not my best quality.

Nice pics, looked like fun. Makes me want to swap my 2WD '97 for a 4WD
(assuming I could afford such a swap right now).
In one picture <http://www.pbase.com/radon220/image/69574269>, that's a
serious horn attached to the underside of the hood. I've been
contemplating putting a more truck-sounding horn into my '97, any
special tips on swapping out a stock horn for a monster like that, or is
it pretty straight-forward? Or did you install that in addition to the
stock horn, and have a special switch for it, saving it for drivers who
can't hear the stock horn, or deserve a bigger blast for whatever reason?

Kurt