Re: RE: Jet Chip and Octane Ratings

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 23:44:22 EST

Rick Barnes wrote:
> My water temp guage would barely move when it got below 50 degrees with the
> 180 and I was concerned that I would get a error code, don't know why I
> never did though. Now it runs up to about 1/3 of the way, and blows hot air
> as it once did. By the way, some wise person on the list suggested that I
> NOT run one of the FailSafe thermostats~the kind that stick OPEN if they
> fail...they were right, it failed about three weeks after I installed it,
> but I just left it as it was summer and ran cooler. So, whomever that wise
> person was, good call, you were right.
>
> Rascal

Workin at the zone, I would see those fail safe thermos come back at a
very high rate, stuck open after only a short period. I always
suspected them to be just an overpriced gimick.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine