Jet Chip Results; Part I

From: Kyle Kozubal (lpd111@msn.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 14:21:55 EST

The Jet Chip (Stage II) has been in for 3 gas tanks now. I chose the Jet
Chip because it was really the ONLY 'chip' available for my truck.
Superchips stated they will NOT be releasing a programmer for the '04 4.7L
V8 trucks. I also did not want the Stage I, which seems (from what I have
read online) to do little if anything.

I have always ran 91 or 92 octane. I have not yet tried the lower octane
fuels. It seems to idle smoother, and idles about 100 rpms lower. I have
some NGK V-Power plugs that I am going to install soon also.

At a stand still, I can squeal the LT265/70R17 Yokohama Geolander AT+II
(siped tread). It takes off pretty good!! I can mash the pedal at about 25
mph and launch to 60-65 mph pretty fast, for a 4WD truck. I have not heard
any experienced ANY negative side affects to this mod.

Overall, I am very pleased with the overall gains. I paid $110 for the Stage
II Jet Chip, which is a steal.

I also have not yet been able to see how the Jet Chip affects gas mileage,
because I 'romp' on it too much now.

I did have to take off my larger S&B air filter, that I added to my K&N FIPK
kit. There was not enough room for the larger S&B filter, so the 'stock' K&N
filter was put back on.

I have read a few horror stories online about the Jet Chips (and Dodge
trucks) having a poor seal and allowing moisture into the connector areas. I
am going to seal both sides up with some clear caulk.

I can't wait to get the 68.50 MM Fastman TB installed!

Kyle
'04 Dakota Quad Cab SLT
4WD 4.7L V8
Leer 100QX Cap