Re: CB in a Gen1-2

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 12:31:08 EST

I like that antenna mount. I'll take a look for one like that.

I do actually have some small "ceiling" surface I could mount a CB on
- between the sun visors like yours. The CB would stick out and take
on some serious mud when I go wheeling with the top down, and it
wouldn't be the most aesthetically pleasing. But it's an option, low
on the list.

Bill's remote mount suggestion is good too. There's a great
Austrailian Uniden unit (uh015sx) with a remote-mount faceplate,
built-in police/etc scanner... but aussie CB freqs are somewhere in
the 476+mhz range. Too bad they don't make it for the US. Could have
something to do with the police scanner built in... being illegal in
some states. Pfff.

Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340