Re: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 14:01:39 EST

"Hop *" <hopsdak@hotmail.com> wrote:
:> Hmmm, that's true - if you are using the odometer and calculating
:>manually, both methods should be off by about the same amount. Maybe
:>your fuel pressure is higher or lower than the algorithm used to
:>calculate the gas mileage thinks it is, or your injectors are
:>flowing more or less than they should be?

: That's possible. I wonder if dirty injectors would cause this?
: The injectors are original.

  Could be; if the computer just uses the pulse width to calculate
the amount of fuel used, a dirty injector would flow less actual
fuel than might be estimated based on the fuel pressure and the
amount of time it stays open. As I recall, your hand calculations
showed better fuel mileage than the computer, so that's a possibility.

--
                                          -Jon-