RE: Overhead mileage calculator.

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 16:11:34 EST

If the injectors are flowing more or less...they would affect your A/F
ratio. Regardless of pressure, whenever you're in closed loop mode the
computer will adjust the pulse width to get the proper A/F ratio determined
from the O2 sensor. If it was unable to keep it correct it would set a
code. (voice of experience from my race truck) :-(

I won't even hazard a guess as to how the computer calculates fuel mileage
but somehow it does it pretty closely. Remember, it's computing how much
fuel you burned....you are computing from how much you pumped into the tank,
which can vary a little from time to time. I'd say 1 mpg difference is
pretty darn close!

Advice to Hop...if you want to show good mpg on the overhead computer, just
reset it while cruising at a constant low speed that's showing higher mpg.
Then park it. :-)

Ray