Re: RE: changing fluids this weekend..

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 21:54:56 EST

   Wife has been bugging me to replace the center caps on 2 of the alum
wheels for a long time. Somewhere in her driving they dropped off.

   I stopped by the dealership get replacements to keep her quiet. They no
longer sell the flat metal caps for the 2000+ alum wheels. They've been
replacedby a chrome plated plastic raised Ram emblem that clips in with some
force so they should stay in. You also can't buy them individually
anymore, you have to buy a set of 4.

And while I was there, I got 2, 4 oz. bottles of friction modifier. (I'm
due to do my truck soon as well).

  Last time I swapped filters in the trans I put in a drain plug. That was
about the best $6 I've spent in a long time. It was nice to put the fluid
in the drain pan and not all over the shop floor for a change. I only
'dribbled' a bit when the pan was off. In the past I'd have more on the
floor than in the drain pan.

  Dropping the cover and draining the front diff is also royal pain. You
need the exact right length socket extension to get to the top bolts. Tight
squeeze. I got everything but the brake fluid changed in about 2 hours.
It would probably be 2 days if I was flat on my back on the creeper. I
can't say enough about having a lift in your shop at home. One of my
better ideas. Should've done one 15 years ago.

  Tomorrow I'll flush the brake fluid. This was another great purchase.

  http://www.trackhaus.com/tools/motive-products_23/

  It has paid for itself if for nothing else it eliminates the 'bickering'
when you try to get your wife to 'pump the brakes' while you open the bleeder
valves.. I just attach, pressurize the unit and it forces fluid from the
master cylinder and no more 'pumping', she stays in the house and we both end
up happy.

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org

"If a woman speaks in the forest with no man near to hear her, is she still complaining? Of course."