Re: They restyled the Durvango

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2006 - 07:24:33 EST

Jason Bleazard wrote:
> On Sun, November 19, 2006 10:29 pm, ChicagoTom said:
>
>>In sync with the release of the Chrysler Aspin... looks like D.C.
>>changed the nose on the Durango.
>

> So that explains it. I saw one at the dealership when I was there for an oil
> change. I've never paid a whole lot of attention to the second gen Durango,
> and I couldn't figure out why it didn't look quite right. For some reason, it
> looked smaller. I thought maybe it was a new model at first until I walked
> over to it. I think it just looked small parked between a couple of Rams.
>
> Incidentally, they also had a Nitro there. Gotta say, I'm not a fan of that one.

Yup - I looks at the Nitro... and I goes to myself "...wtf..."

The Nitro, and the 4 door wrangler both smack of Honda Pilot design
cues. Which I do not like any of the three. As has been the case with
many other models, The newer Rams, Dakotas, Durangos, Wranglers... I
look at them all and don't say "I wanna run out and buy one" - I look at
them and say "damn - I like the old stuff even more now than before"

Word on the street says that the Ram, Dakota and Durango are all due for
a major design change around the same time the Challenger will hit the
streets. 2009'ish.

Maybe they will get it right next time. Or worse, they could just drop
the Dakota name plate "oh its been around since 87 its old" However
with Chevy and GMC now touting nameplates like Colorado and Canyon
  - Dodge may not be quick to loose its outdoors'y Dakota.

"The word, is no. I am therefore going anyway." - James T. Kirk

75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 96 Neon, 01 Ram 4x4 http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/ AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine