Re: RE: Mirrors and Gas Tanks

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 13:11:34 EST

Ray Irons wrote:

>>Gabriel A. Couriel wrote:
>>
>>>pretty much if you have anything but the base
>>
>>dakota, you have the optional
>>
>>>gas tank. sports and slt's all came with 22
>>
>>gallon tanks standard.
>>
>>>Gabriel A. Couriel
>

> Huh? I've got a 98 Dakota Sport and it has the 15 gal
> tank. I've never run out but I've been all the way on
> "E" and holding my breath while praying I'd make it to
> the gas station. Once there, I've only been able to
> pump in 14 and a fraction gallons. There are times I
> wish I had the larger tank.
>

> Ray

The 22 acts the same way, if I put gas in it after the light comes on,
the most I have ever managed is 17 gallons, well short of the 22 I am
supposed to have. But there is the small issue of the fuel pump that
needs to remain immersed in gas, supposedly. It does make one wonder
that the smaller tank fuelpumps don't have this issue....