5-speed to 727 swap?? Anyone done it??

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 16:22:15 EST

I currently have a 5-speed in my 360 95 dakota. I am thinking of swapping it
sometime in the future for a 727 or 904. My reasoning is that the 5-speed
isn't rated for the power and a better manual would be much more expensive.
The truck would be a cruiser and occasional drag racer. I know the auto
would be much better for the strip also. The engine is modded pretty good
and is a 13 second truck easily if I can get it to hook up. I am planning on
swapping rear ends this winter with a 8 3/4. I know the next week link will
be the trans.

I have been doing a bit of reading. Sounds like the computer will not have a
problem with it. I beleive the 360 is externally balance, so I would need a
flexplate from a 360. But would it matter what year?? Same with the trans.
Any specific years better?? And the last question is the crank sensor. Could
I just notch out the bellhousing for clearance?? I know there are dakotas
out there with 727s installed, anyone here??
Thanks for any help...

Mike K
94 SLT,CC,239,2wd,auto
95 Sport,RC,360,5-speed

View Athlete’s Collections with Live Search
http://sportmaps.live.com/index.html?source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=MGAC01