Re: Tire recommendations

From: Eric Luce (ontheluce@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 16:41:03 EST

Kurt,
  DEFINITELY go with the P series tires, in whatever size you choose. I
just bought tires a few months ago myself, and went with the LT series,
thinking that the Dak qualified as a "light duty truck". Big mistake in my
opinion. The LT series tires are MUCH stiffer, and ride like solid rubber
tires. I lost the nice ride I had been accustomed to with my previous P
series tires. That's the trade-off. The LT tires will cost you more,
require higher air pressure, and are heavier. They are generally taller, and
will in effect, change your drive ratio...which affects the speedo and
low-speed acceleration somewhat. Just my two-cents worth, since you asked.

Eric Luce
'99 Dakota SLT
2WD CC
5.2L, auto