Re: Tire recommendations

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 10:03:47 EST

Thanks for all the recommendations so far, it's really helping to narrow
the choices. My next question has to do with size recommendations.

My '97 currently has two P215/75R15 in the front, and two P225/75R15 in
the rear (that's the way they were when I got my truck). I think the
front two are original, so they've got around 70k on them, and are
definitely in need of replacement. The rear tires aren't quite as bad
tread-wise, but the previous owner (my Dad) drove it all over the local
Boy Scout camp, and I haven't taken the time to count the number of
plugs in the rear tires, but I know they've each got a few, caused by
tent stakes, nails, etc, so I think I'm better off getting a matching
set of four.

I'm probably going to get four of the same size to replace them all, but
I'm trying to figure out what size would be best. I'm leaning toward
235 width, but I'm trying to decide if I should go with P or LT
(Passenger or Light Truck).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kurt